Building your dream home is an amazing experience. After all, you have achieved a new feat of your life. However, preserving your dreams requires taking care of your newly built home. Not taking care of your custom home might make your dreams look pale and thus give you a sense of dissatisfaction. Our home builders in Gainesville Fl always say that slight carelessness in maintaining your home can bring a lot of frustration, hygiene issues, and expenses for you.
Numerous homeowners fail to maintain their newly built custom homes. What’s the reason? Lack of awareness. They aren’t aware of basic maintenance tips for their luxurious home. This article is purely meant to make them aware by providing them with some useful home maintenance tips.
Important Tips to Maintain Newly Built Custom Home
We list some very important & useful tips to maintain your newly built custom home below. Check them out.
1) Maintaining Heating & Cooling System is Necessary: Efficient heating & cooling system is a must to ensure that the home remains fit for a long time. Things like ventilation, air conditioning, furnaces, etc. can’t be neglected at all.
Also, keeping the heating & cooling system clean will ensure good health for you & your family members. Our new home construction professionals in Gainesville Fl recommend an annual inspection to ensure that the heating & cooling system of your house is in the best working form.
2) Don’t Allow Pets to Harm Things: If you have pets, we understand your love for them. And they deserve to be loved. But you can’t simply allow them to damage things at your home.
Firstly, ensure that your pet is efficiently house-trained before you give them a carpeted space. If they aren’t trained efficiently, they might damage plants in your lawn, or destroy your carpet, or even scratch the walls.
If your pet does that, provide them some toys to play with. Toys will avoid them from harming your belongings. Remember, the damages from your pets will be long-term and might bring a lot of expenses for you.
3) Check Plumbing: Water leaks are the biggest issue that comes with a long-term issue for a home. Thus, check out the sink and other water pipes at your home and see that plumbing work is up to the mark and there is no leakage whatsoever.
Remember, any water leak in your home might come with long-term damage and even electrical hazards (if water comes in contact with any electrical system). Thus, the next and very important tip to maintain your custom home; always to check on plumbing at regular intervals.
4) Keep Home’s Exterior Top-Notch: As much as maintaining a home’s interior is important, maintaining the exterior is also extremely important. Keep on checking the home’s exterior at least twice a month.
Also, follow a thumb rule of repainting your home every three years. Repainting the home not only gives the home a show but also increases the lifespan of your home to a considerable extent.
5) Stay Prepared for Emergency Situations: No matter how much you maintain your home; emergency situations might occur anytime. Be it bursting of water pipes, or any damage in the electrical panel, these situations might occur without any warning and also bring disaster alongside it.
Thus, it’s always wise to stay prepared for these situations so that you can take appropriate & immediate actions if they happen. This is one of the most important, yet the most underrated tips of home maintenance.
Staying prepared for emergency situation won’t only keep your home safe, but also ensure the safety of lives at your home.
6) Maintenance Contract is a Smart Investment: There are numerous companies that take annual maintenance contracts. You can go with this contract system to ensure that your home gets professional maintenance every year.
You can also add this factor to your portfolio. It will increase the resale value of your home when you set out to sell your home. Numerous homeowners hesitate to invest in a maintenance contract. But little do they know that it will only increase the home’s resale value.
7) Daily Cleaning is a Must: Your home demands daily cleaning. Not only for your home’s health but also for your own hygiene. Ensure that your home gets daily vacuum cleaning so that no dust particles acquire your home.
Remember, dust particles will only bring negative impacts on your home and your health. As they say, “Cleanliness is next to godliness”.
8) Sewage System Maintenance is Necessary: You can prefer to go with seasonal sewage system maintenance, but it’s necessary. Not maintaining the sewage system might impede water overflow and thus bringing troubles for you and your home.
Also, if you don’t pay attention to the sewage system, it might get clogged and thus causing serious damage to your home’s interior & exterior. However, you can always avoid these sorts of situations by ensuring that your sewage system goes through maintenance at timely intervals and that too from professionals.
Keeping these tips in your mind will definitely help you to maintain your newly built custom home efficiently. As mentioned, building a dream home is a great feat, but maintaining it is equally important, and a bit critical.
If you are seeking any sort of guidance, or assistance from experts regarding your custom home, do connect with our custom home builders in Gainesville, Fl by calling us at 386-755-9314.